In the cold of January, keeping our skin hydrated is a challenge. But even though it’s cold outside, that doesn’t mean your skin has to suffer. Luckily, Upper Ivy is close to the best facials and spas, and beauty stores nearby. Here are some tips for how to hydrate your skin on cold January days. Happy hydrating!
Discover Your Skin Type
Knowing your skin type is essential to making sure you’re taking the best care of it possible. Finding out your skin type can provide insight into which products work best for keeping your complexion clear. If you’ve tried multiple treatments without much success, the problem may be that you’re not using the right products for your specific skin type. Depending on what you discover about your skin, you might need more hydrating moisturizers. Determining if you have oily, dry, sensitive, or combination skin, we will give you a guide for figuring out which products are optimal for your complexion. Plus, understanding your individual needs can also prevent any problems from arising in the future. Here are recommended Dermontalogist to follow to learn more about your skin type:
How To Hydrate Your Skin At Home
Winter weather can be harsh on our skin, leaving it feeling dry and tight. On the cold January days, it’s important to take extra steps to ensure your skin is properly hydrated. Here is how to approach winter moisturizing. (All products recommended are favored by a dermatologist, Dr. Shereene Idriss.)
- Humidifier – The use of a humidifier in your living room or right by your bed is an easy and effective way to restore moisture to the air. This can help keep your skin soft and hydrated throughout the day and night.
- Rich Creams – In addition, as part of your routine, rich creams and other hydrating products like serums and mists can provide additional moisture during the extreme winter weather. Rich creams are thicker in texture, providing more moisture.
- Minimize Cleansing – Depending on your skin type, it is recommended to only cleanse your face during the night in order to keep from over stripping your skin of natural oils and to protect your skin barrier.
- Sunscreen – Even during the winter, it is highly important to apply sunscreen all year long!
- Keep Temperature Comfortable – Although it’s tempting to crack up the heat during cold winter days, high central heat can make your home air even drier. Try to keep your home between 68 to 75 degrees F.
With these tips, you will be sure to have supple and healthy-looking skin even during the cooler months of the year. Stock up all your new skincare products in your spacious bathrooms at Upper Ivy! Starting your winter skincare routine comes easy in your bathroom with pental quartz countertops, ample product storage, and bright lighting.
Best Facials & Spa Near Upper Ivy
For those looking to pamper themselves during the winter near Upper Ivy, here are two of the best spots for facials and spa treatments –
- Milk + Honey is a chic boutique spa that offers relaxing and luxurious treatments. Additionally, enjoy healing therapies, medical aesthetics, and the cleanest products possible in a design-forward environment.
- Lifehood is a massage studio located in Culver City’s PLATFORM. You can tailor massages by need— lymphatic drainage —and opt into treatment add-ons like CBD drops, cooling balms, signature oils, audio meditations, and more.
We hope you enjoy feeling refreshed and rejuvenated during the cold winter days near Upper Ivy!