It’s no secret that the winter season has a way of taking its toll on both our physical and mental health. From shorter days to colder weather, there are plenty of reasons to make sure we’re taking care of ourselves during this time of year. Here are a few healthy habits for the winter season at Upper Ivy to help you stay well-balanced all season long!
Healthy Habits For The Winter Season
It’s that time of year again! The days are shorter, the nights are longer, and the weather is colder. While some people love winter, others find it to be a difficult season. There are plenty of things you can do to make winter more bearable!
- Get enough sleep – When it’s dark and cold outside, it’s tempting to stay in bed all day. However, skimping on sleep can make you feel even more tired and stressed. Make sure to get at least seven hours of sleep each night. During sleep, your body is working to support healthy brain function and maintain your physical health. Your spacious bedrooms at Upper Ivy offer a space that helps you feel cozy and comfortable with vertical roller shades, views of Culver City, and Dwelo Smart Home features for residents can control access to temperature and lighting.
- Eat healthily – It’s easy to overeat or eat unhealthy foods in winter. To avoid this, make sure to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Downtown Culver City holds a certified Farmers Market every Tuesday from 2 – 7 PM. Stop by and grab your fresh produce and flowers and store them in your luxury kitchens at Upper Ivy! Cooking healthy meals comes easy in your Upper Ivy Kitchen with Whirlpool and KitchenAid Stainless Steel Appliances.
- Exercise – It may be harder to motivate yourself to exercise in winter, but it’s worth it! Exercise helps improve your mood, boosts your immune system, and helps you sleep better. Even a short walk around the block will do wonders for your health. Be sure to take a stroll by the Great Lawn and Ivy Station. Afterward, stop by Equator Coffees for your latte fix! Don’t forget to take advantage of our fully equipped fitness center with a flat-screen TV! We also offer an outdoor workout station with beautiful views of Culver City.
Starting and maintaining your healthy lifestyle comes easy when you live at Upper Ivy Luxury Apartments.
Healthy Mental Habits
Mental health is just as important as your physical health. Thankfully, taking care of your mental health doesn’t have to be expensive or time-consuming. Here are a few tips on ways to help you stay mentally strong and healthy!
- Set aside time to yourself – Creating a self-care routine can help reduce stress and anxiety and improve overall happiness. This can be relaxing by watching your favorite film and show, reading, journaling, working on your hobbies, or anything that brings you joy. It’s important to have some time each day where you can focus on your own happiness.
- Take a break from technology – Taking a step back from the screen and social media will help you bring balance to your digital and real-world lives.
- Stay social – In winter, it’s easy to let your social life lapse. However, human interaction is important for your mental health. Make an effort to see your friends and family members on a regular basis. You can also join social clubs or groups that interest you. Try taking yoga classes near Upper Ivy like Yoga Six, where you can meet new people and improve your mental health.
By following these healthy habits, you’ll be sure to make it through the winter season feeling refreshed and rejuvenated!
Upper Ivy provides the space and amenities to live your best life with a fitness center to help you stay strong, a resort-style pool so residents can unwind and relax in style, a clubroom to stay social and meet new people, and spacious floorplans for more personal space and privacy.