This fall, spice up your baking routine with these delicious and creative recipes. These fall baking recipes are perfect for enjoying cozy weekends. Autumn produces some of the most enticing flavors, from juicy apples to aromatic pumpkins, tart cranberries, and sweet maple. Transform your kitchen into a haven of warmth with the heavenly aroma of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. This roundup of tasty fall baking recipes ranges from comforting pumpkin breads to impressive desserts like salted caramel apple pie and cranberry orange muffins. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just venturing into the kitchen, these step-by-step recipes will help you bake up the flavors of fall. So get ready to fill your apartment with the sights, sounds, and scents of the season. It’s the perfect activity for cozy, fall weekends in your new Upper Ivy Apartment in downtown Culver City.
Classic Apple Pie with a Twist: Adding Caramel and Pecans for Extra Delight With This Fall Baking Recipe
There’s nothing quite like a perfect apple pie to celebrate the fall baking season in your luxury Culver City apartment. From the cinnamon-scented apples to the flakey, golden brown crust, apple pie is the ultimate comfort food. This year, take your classic apple pie up a notch by adding gooey caramel and crunchy pecans for layers of texture and flavor. The result is a dessert that looks impressive but is easy to whip up with a store-bought crust. Let’s get baking!
For the pie:
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (or you can make your own)
- 6-7 medium apples (I recommend a mix of Granny Smith and Honeycrisp), peeled, cored and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons water
For the caramel pecan topping:
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Roll out the refrigerated pie crust and fit it into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim edges if needed and crimp decoratively. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, mix together the apple slices, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until combined. Pour into the prepared pie crust. Dot the top with the small pieces of butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and increase temperature to 425°F.
- While the pie bakes, make the caramel pecan topping. Melt the sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, without stirring, until it reaches a deep golden amber color, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully stir in the butter and cream (watch out for spattering). The caramel will thicken slightly. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Once the pie has baked for 25 minutes, take it out and sprinkle the pecans evenly over the top. Return it to the oven and bake for 20-25 more minutes until the crust is golden brown and the apples are tender when pierced with a knife.
- Allow pie to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing. The caramel will thicken up as it cools.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired. Enjoy!
Spiced Pumpkin Bread Baking Recipe: A Perfectly Moist and Fragrant Delight
When autumn arrives, there’s nothing I look forward to more than cozying up on the couch with a slice of freshly baked pumpkin bread. The aromatic spices and natural sweetness of pumpkin make it an irresistible fall treat. This easy pumpkin bread recipe yields perfect results every time – moist, fragrant perfection in every bite!
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the pumpkin puree, sugar, oil and eggs until smooth and combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until incorporated.
- Finally stir in the water until fully combined. The batter should be thick but pourable.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the pumpkin bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cool, slice and serve with a pat of butter or cream cheese spread. Enjoy this festive treat all season long!
Maple Pecan Cinnamon Rolls: A Sticky and Sweet Morning Treat
Looking for the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth on a crisp autumn morning in Culver City? These maple pecan cinnamon rolls are sure to do the trick! With their gooey maple pecan filling and swirls of cinnamon in every bite, they will have you racing out of bed.
For the dough:
- 1⁄4 cup warm milk
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
For the maple glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Make the dough: In a small bowl, mix the warm milk, yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar. Allow to sit for 5 minutes until frothy.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, melted butter, remaining sugar, flour and salt.
- Pour in the yeast mixture and stir until a soft dough forms.
- On a floured surface, knead dough for 2-3 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Make the filling: Combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Once dough has risen, roll it out to an approximately 9×12 inch rectangle. Spread with softened butter, then sprinkle evenly with cinnamon sugar and pecans.
- Starting from the long edge, roll up tightly. Pinch to seal and cut into 8-10 rolls.
- Arrange rolls in a greased baking pan and cover. Let rise 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes until golden. Cool slightly.
- Make the glaze: Whisk together powdered sugar, maple syrup and milk. Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls before serving.
Cranberry Orange Muffins Recipe: A Fall Baking Recipe Full Of Tangy Goodness
Looking for a fun twist on classic fall muffins? These cranberry orange muffins are just the thing! Bursting with tangy cranberries, bright citrus flavor, and a delightfully tender crumb, they make the perfect accompaniment to a crisp autumn morning.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil or canola oil
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and orange zest.
- In a separate small bowl, beat together the egg, milk and olive oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently stir just until combined (do not overmix). The batter should be thick and lumpy.
- Fold in the chopped cranberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing muffins to a wire rack.
- Enjoy warm with a pat of butter or cooled with a smear of cream cheese. The tangy cranberry orange flavor is the perfect way to brighten up any fall morning!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars: The Perfect Fall Recipe Blending Creamy and Crunchy
If you’re looking for a dessert that blends the best flavors of fall, look no further than these incredible caramel apple cheesecake bars. With a crisp graham cracker crust, creamy cheesecake filling, and layers of sweet caramel and apples, they offer the ultimate medley of textures and flavors.
For the crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
For the topping:
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Make the crust: Combine graham crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press firmly into the bottom of an 8×8 baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Make the filling: Beat together cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Mix in egg and vanilla. Spread over cooled crust.
- Layer apple slices neatly over cream cheese filling.
- Make the topping: Heat brown sugar, cream and butter in a saucepan until bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon. Pour over apples.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes until set. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Enjoy these beautiful fall-inspired cheesecake bars! The contrast of the crisp graham cracker crust, smooth and creamy cheesecake, warm cinnamon apples, and gooey caramel is absolutely heavenly.
Enjoy the Cozy Vibes of Fall with These Irresistible Baking Recipes
There’s no better way to create warmth and comfort during the fall season than by baking up some fall recipes. These apple, pumpkin, maple and cranberry creations are sure to fill your kitchen with tempting aromas and your tastebuds with delightful autumn flavors. From comforting breads to crowd-pleasing desserts, you’ll find endless ways to showcase fall produce and spices.
As the weather turns crisp, get your oven preheating and gather your loved ones in the kitchen. Turn on your favorite playlist, pour some apple cider, and let the fall baking in Culver City commence! The sweet, spicy and indulgent flavors of fall await. Whether enjoyed on a quiet weekend morning or shared at your next autumn gathering, these recipes are guaranteed to be delicious highlights of the season.
So embrace the charm of autumn and get ready to savor every cozy moment. These classic fall baking recipes and creative twists, will give fall baking an exciting, palate-pleasing twist. The Upper Ivy apartments in Culver City are a perfect place to enjoy these tasty treats!