Life is easier during the summer and what better way to spend it than by the beach. Lucky for you, Los Angeles has one of the most beautiful and iconic beaches in the world. Best of all, Southern California offers the most remarkable sunrises and sunsets. So, get ready to spend your hot, breezy days at the beach all summer long! Here is the ultimate guide to our go-to beaches near Upper Ivy for summer.
Go-To Beaches Near Upper Ivy
Life is better at the beach ~
- Santa Monica Beach – Santa Monica State Beach is the most iconic and popular beach in LA. Enjoy a nice, hot day at this beach playing volleyball, dipping your toes in the cool ocean, and having a picnic with your friends and family! Afterward, be sure to check out Santa Monica Pier. Located at the intersection of Ocean and Colorado street, this pier has the best ocean views with a small amusement park and is just a walking distance to the 3rd promenade. Spend the rest of your day dining out and shopping! Another great attraction near the pier is Montana Street offering many delicious eats and upscale boutiques.
- Will Rogers State Beach – Located in the Pacific Palisades, this beach is known for its simplistic beauty. This beach is great for those that like a mellow and peaceful vibe. We recommend checking out Palisades Village afterward for an evening of fine dining and shopping! Every Sunday from 9 am to 2 pm, the village holds a farmer’s market with some of the best local vendors. Also, we highly suggest you visit Palisades Bluffs Park. This vista point has the most stunning sunset views of the PCH and ocean.
- Malibu Beach – Malibu is one of the most beautiful attractions in LA. Check out beaches like Zuma Beach, Point Dume, and Latigo Beach in Malibu! Our personal favorite is Point Dume for its scenic views and hiking trails. Zuma Beach is a fantastic family beach and Latigo Beach is right by Malibu Pier. Be sure to grab a bite at Malibu Farm and order their amazing, savory nachos! You won’t regret it.
More Beaches Near-By
With Upper Ivy being near the best beaches in town, you’ll experience summer like no other ~
- Venice Beach – This beach is known for its bohemian and eccentric vibes. Enjoy the views of the sunset and be sure to check out the eclectic oceanfront boardwalk, the Venice Canal, Pacific Ave, and Abbot Kinney Blvd. Our favorite foodie spot with a happy hour on the oceanfront is The Waterfront Venice. Abbot Kinney offers the best funky and free spirit bars, restaurants, and shops. We recommend checking out Only the Wild Ones and The Butcher’s Daugther. Pacific Ave is known for its iconic Venice sign. Be sure to try out the pasta and pizza restaurant, Opsi!
- Manhattan Beach – This beach is great for the surfers out there and those who love a laid-back vibe. The low-key Manhattan Beach Pier features a quaint aquarium and views of surfers. Additionally, there’s a small downtown area with boutiques, brunch cafes, bars, and upscale eateries!
With so many beaches to choose from, these top 5 will surely exceed your exceptions! We hope you have a blast spending your days at the beach with your friends and family. Don’t forget to stay hydrated and fuel yourself with enough water throughout the day! After a day of fun in the sun, head back to your apartments at Upper Ivy and unwind in your spacious and cozy bedrooms.
How to Plan the Perfect Beach Day
The worst feeling in the world is realizing you forgot something on your way to the beach. Here are some tips & ideas on what to wear & bring!
- Less plastic, more reusable containers – Store your picnic food in reusable containers. Being mindful of waste polluting the ocean that can help prevent harm to wildlife. We can all start practicing a sustainable lifestyle little by little with a simple switch from plastic! Load up your favorite snacks, fruits, & sandwiches in these recommended products: Food52 – Storage Set
- SPF always – The importance of sun protection has come to light in recent years & there’s a good reason why! Sunscreen can help prevent & protect your skin from most skin cancers caused by too much exposure to UV rays. It can also help to keep your skin from rapid aging, allowing you to age gracefully. Here are dermatologist-recommended sunscreens: EltaMD & Paula’s Choice. Don’t forget to grab your sunnies & sunhats on your way out too!
- Books – The perfect beach day demands a good reading session. Enjoy feeling the warm sand with a book in hand under a shady umbrella! Here are 2022 must-reads: Malibu Rising & Talking to Strangers
- Outfit Ideas – Top off your summer look with a nice outfit! A breezy sundress over your bathing suit is an easy & simple summer look! We are currently loving online stores: Monday Swimwear, DOEN, & Zara. For the men, we are currently loving an easy short-sleeve button-up look! Recommended stores: Madewell & H&M
- Necessities – Be sure to grab your beach chairs & towels, an umbrella, & beach play. We recommend bringing card games, balls/frisbees, & a camera!
Although not everything on the list is needed for your ideal beach day, it is meant to elevate your beach experience. After a wholesome day at the beach, be sure to continue the fun at Upper Ivy’s luxury amenities.