Hot summer days means a cooking session for a fresh and healthy summer meal! Let’s get excited about enjoying your delicious home-cooked meals full of flavourful proteins and fresh produce outside your patios. Here is the ultimate guide to cooking fresh summer recipes in your luxury kitchen at Upper Ivy.
Fresh Summer Recipes – Breakfast
They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Our favorite summer breakfast recipes will help to kick-start your day!
- Fruit Yogurt Bowl – Yogurt is always a healthy option! It’s packed with protein and an excellent source of calcium.
- Greek Yogurt
- Your choice of fruits! We love raspberries, blueberries, mangos, & bananas
- Dark chocolate chips
- Drizzle honey
- Mango Smoothie – Great for those on the go!
- Fresh or frozen mangos
- Frozen bananas
- Your choice of milk — We recommend oat milk for that creamy texture!
- Fig Toast – Enjoy this toast along with avocado toast!
- Seeded bread
- Yogurt or cream cheese spread
Enjoy eating your breakfast with a cup of coffee in your private Upper Ivy balconies! Take in the fresh air and watch the sunrise. It’s the perfect way to start your day!
Fresh Summer Recipes – Lunch & Dinner
From refreshing quinoa salads to tasty salmon poke bowls, our favorite summer recipe picks will exceed your expectations!
Lemon Chicken Quinoa Salad – This mouth-watering salad recipe is one of our summer favorites because it’s high in protein and vitamins!
- Chicken Breast
- Sliced Avocado
- Creamy Basil Dressing
Salmon Poke Bowl
- Raw salmon
- Sushi Rice
- Mixed Greens
- Avocado, peas, cucumber
- Soy sauce & sesame seeds
- Ribbon Noodles
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Cloves Minced
- Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- Tilapia Fillets
- Chopped tomatoes, avocado, onions, mango
- Taco shells
Tofu Spring Rolls
Springs Rolls are easy to make and are perfect for a light meal!
- Firm Tofu (optional – marginate with peanut sauce)
- Rice Paper Shells
- Rice Noodles
- Your Choice of Vegetables
- Hot water to soften rice paper shells
- Peanut Sauce – soy sauce, hoisin sauce, water, garlic, green onions, sesame oil, sugar, and ginger in a small mixing bowl
Have a blast cooking these fresh summer recipes in your luxury kitchens! Our modern designed kitchen includes pental quartz countertops, stainless steel appliances, and soft-close drawers. Host a dinner and invite your closest friends and family. Have a glass of fresh and tangy homemade lemonade or a refreshing cocktail to go with your meal!
Best Recipe Books
Need more recipe ideas? Here is a list of the best recipe books of 2022.
- Mi Cocina – This cookbook has been all the rave this year! It’s a standard cookbook full of recipes written by Rick Martinez. It’s a highly personal collection since he talks about his family history and a meditation on Mexican American identity. In the book, Martinez also encourages you to take risks and mix & match recipes and techniques to make your own personal dish.
- I Dream of Dinner – This witty cookbook by Ali Slagle is filled with delicious and useful recipes, great for weekday dinner meals! We defiantly recommend cooking the French onion white bean bake.
- The Noodle Life – For all the noodle lovers out there, this book is made for you! Discover a wide range of noodle recipes from classic cacio e pepe recipes to warm chicken pho! You’ll certainly order less take-out after discovering how much better your noodles taste when they’re homemade. Best of all, most recipes are only a 30-minute cooking process.
- Additional Recommended cookbooks – Korean American: Food That Tastes Like Home, The Forest Feast Road Trip: Simple Vegetarian Recipes Inspired by My Travels Through California, A Good Day to Bake: Simple Baking Recipes for Every Mood, and Kin Thai: Modern Thai Recipes to Cook at Home (All cookbooks can be purchased through Amazon)
Get your cookbooks and ingredients today and start cooking those delicious recipes in your Upper Ivy luxury kitchens! Store away your new books, spices, and fresh produce in your Modern Designer Cabinets with Soft Close Drawers and in your stainless steel refrigerator. We can’t wait to see what you’ve been cooking, so take pictures and tags us on Instagram @upperivy