Mother’s Day is upon us, and we know you’re searching for that perfect gift to show your love and appreciation! All moms want to look and feel their best, so a relaxing spa day sounds like the ideal gift for her. Moms deserve to be pampered for a couple of hours on this special day. Plus, it can help boost the release of those feel-good hormones. Luckily, Culver City is in no shortage of wellness & spa treatment services. Here is a complete guide to the ultimate wellness gift ideas and the best spas to treat your mom on Mother’s Day near Upper Ivy Luxury Apartments!
Skincare Essentials to Treat your Mom
We all know that aging is a natural part of life. But, aging gracefully is absolutely possible when we actively take care of our skin! However, it’s important to note that when starting out with new products, proceed with caution and speak with your dermatologist or doctor first if you have concerns. All skin types are different, and people can react to ingredients differently.
- Sunscreen – SPF always! Sunscreen is probably the most important product everyone needs to prevent rapid aging and skin cancer. It is proven to help protect our skin from UV ray damage. Some dermatologists-recommended sunscreens are the EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 and the Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40.
- Vitamin C – This ingredient is typically used for its antioxidant properties. It boosts collagen production and helps to even out pigmentation. Vitamin C works best when applied during the day. Recommended products are the SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic and the Summer Fridays CC Me Vitamin C Serum.
- Retinol – Just like Vitamin C, retinol also helps to even out pigmentation, boost collagen production, and smooth out fine lines. However, it works best when applied during the evening and night. When starting out using Retinol, it is important to ease into the product by using low-strength retinol as it can be irritating to the skin. Recommended products: Paula’s Choice Clinical 1% Retinol Treatment and the Avene Retinal 0.1 Intensive Cream.
After shopping for those skincare essentials to treat your mom on Mother’s Day, treat yourself as well! Stock up those products in your Upper Ivy luxury bathrooms and start practicing your self-care routine today!
Wellness & Self-Care Gift Ideas
Prioritize your mind & body.
- Face Mask Sheets – A good quality face mask is packed with clean and healthy ingredients that rejuvenate your skin. Ingredients such as glycerin and hyaluronic acid have been proven by dermatologists to help keep your skin moisturized. We recommend using the LAPCOS‘s Pamper Gift Box set from Revolve which includes 12 sets of face, lip, and clay masks. It is ideal for all skin types and is cruelty-free!
- Journal – Gift your mom a journal, so she can write down her goals, gratitude, and plans! Journaling can help prioritize, track your progress and growth, and help deal with stress. Here is a list of retail shops with fun and inspiring journals: Sugar Paper: Monogram Tailored Journal, Flax, Intelligent Change: The Five Minute Journal, and Papier: Wellness Journal.
- Candles – This item is great for both your well-being and fun home decor around the house! Scented candles can play an essential role in the physiological effects of mood, stress, working capacity, and overall mental health. Shop our candle favorites like Diptyque Paris, Voluspa, and Byredo. Light candles all around your home from on your bedside table, to your coffee table, and to your bathroom vanity!
- CBD – Products with CBD can be beneficial in managing your anxiety and depression and also promotes better sleep. Try using CBD body oils, bath salts, patches, & tablets!
Have a girls-night-in & treat your mom on Mother’s Day at your Upper Ivy apartments by putting on face masks, lighting your candles, and having a laugh while watching a good movie! Educate your mom on the benefits of wellness & self-care and make it a weekly activity to do at your Upper Ivy apartments!
Best Spas Near Upper Ivy
- Milk & Honey – This Los Angeles Spa & Medspa recently opened its second location in Culver City! They are currently offering a Mother’s Day Gift Guide that includes a ‘Mother’s Day Signature Retreat’ and 3 other spa packages! The Mother’s Day Signature Retreat offers a massage & facial and a manicure & pedicure. Be sure also to shop their gift bundles and get 25% off!
- Lifehood – Located at the Platform, Lifehood is the perfect spa to treat your mom on Mother’s Day! They offer a relaxing and rejuvenating massage at an affordable rate. Book those spa sessions before it’s too late!
- OSEA Skincare Studio – This woman-owned facial studio allows you to choose 3 types of facials: Cranial Wave, Deep Sea Age Defying, and the Sculpt & Lift Gua Shia! Book your session today and become a studio member for more perks on regular facials.
- Maalou – Book a nail appointment for you and your mom at Maalou. This elegant and girly nail salon offers a whole new kind of nail care experience on the Westside. Specializing in the most hygienic sockless manicure and pedicure services for long-lasting polish.
After treating your mom to the best spa on Mother’s Day, head back to your apartments at Upper Ivy to continue the celebration! Get messy cooking her favorite meal in your modern design kitchen with pental quartz countertops! Then, be sure to take her out for retail therapy at the Platform!