Looking for a fun and boo-tiful way to celebrate Halloween this year? Look no further than Los Angeles! Upper Ivy is near the best spots with plenty of spook-tacular events and activities planned for the All Hallows’ Evening. Whether you’re looking for family-friendly fun or something a little more sinister, LA has you covered. Read on for our top picks for the best places to celebrate Halloween in Los Angeles!
Best Places to Celebrate Halloween in Los Angeles
There is magic in the night when pumpkins glow by moonlight!
- Halloween Horror Nights (Universal Studios) – It’s that time of year again! Time to round up your scream team for Halloween Horror Nights! 2022’s event will have 8 haunted houses, the Terror Tram, scare zones, a live show, and exciting attractions. Have a fun time eating snacks, taking selfies, and checking out all the haunted rides! With so much to see and do, you’re sure to have a spooky good time.
- Melrose Rooftop – Enjoy watching Halloween-themed films at Melrose Rooftop! This Unique rooftop movie theater offers beanbag chairs & a full bar with global eats, plus scenic views of West Hollywood. After, don’t forget to stop by E.P & L.P for drinks, located on the 2nd floor.
- Haunted Hayride – Experience LA’s favorite Halloween event by Griffith Park! Enjoy the spooky mazes, haunted houses, and entertaining hayrides.
- Bar Crawl – It’s no secret that LA has some of the best bars in town. It’s especially lively during Halloween! Check out hip bars throughout West Hollywood all the way to the West Side in Santa Monica. We recommend checking out Bungalow on Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica.
If you’re looking for a fun and spooky time this Halloween, Los Angeles is the place to be. From haunted houses and spine-tingling rides at Universal Studios Hollywood to watching horror films under the stars at Melrose Rooftop, there’s plenty of excitement. And after a long day of scaries, what could be better than winding down with friends over pizza at Upper Ivy? So put on your best costume and get ready for a haunting good time in LA!
Celebrate Halloween at Upper Ivy
While going out is a fun time during Halloween, a chill night at home can be just as exciting! Have your own small Halloween gathering playing games, watching movies, and cooking dinner in your Upper Ivy apartments, or at our amenities! Here is a guide on how to celebrate Halloween
- Game Night – Halloween is a great time to get together with family and friends for a fun night of games. You can set up a spooky scavenger hunt, have a pumpkin-carving contest, or play Halloween-themed charades. And don’t forget the Halloween-themed refreshments! A Halloween game night is the perfect way to celebrate the holiday and create some lasting memories. So invite your loved ones over for a frightfully fun time.
- Movie Night – If you’re looking to have a casual night, have a movie night with your friends watching horror films in your spacious living room. Prepare some popcorn and candy, turn off the lights, and have a spooky night!
- Cocktails and Little Bites – Set up some Halloween-themed cocktails and little bites for your friends. You’ll have a spooktacular time! To get you started, here are some ideas for spooky cocktails and delicious bites. For the drinks, how about a ‘bloody mary’ with floating eyeballs, or a ‘witch’s brew’ made with dry ice? For food, try serving up ‘monster fingers’ (hot dogs wrapped in puff pastry), ‘mummy dogs’ (mini hot dogs wrapped in pre-made croissant dough), or ‘ghost kabobs’ (fruit skewers with marshmallows).
There’s always something to do near Upper Ivy at any season or holiday. We hope you start planning your Halloween weekend soon and take home these ideas for a spooktacular night! Don’t forget to tag @upperivy in your Instagram pictures, we’d love to see those creative and spooky costumes!