Los Angeles holds some of the most beautiful and famous outdoor attractions. Now that it’s summer, it’s the perfect time to take an adventure soaking in Vitamin D and seeing stunning LA views! Fortunately, Upper Ivy is close to LA’s most iconic and breathtaking hiking trails. Whether you’re looking for a fantastic trail to bike or to hike with your friends for LA sunsets, continue reading for the best hiking trails in Los Angeles for an outdoor adventure!
Best Hiking Trails in Los Angeles
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt!
- Hollywood Sign – Featured in many Hollywood films and tour guides, this hiking trail has become Los Angeles’s most famous attraction. The trail to the Hollywood sign is approximately 3.5 miles, taking up to 2-3 hours round trip. The trail is simple and easy and worth the trip. With a close-up view of the Hollywood sign and dazzling views of Hollywood, you won’t regret it!
- Runyon Canyon – This is also another popular trail that is worth trying out! Also located near Hollywood Hills, this trail is great for outdoor workout spots, sunset views, and walking your dog. Runyon offers different types of trails that vary in intensity.
- Point Dume – Always a crowd-pleaser, Point Dume is arguably LA’s most beautiful hiking trail. Located on the coast of Malibu, you’ll be impressed with spectacular views of the ocean. This trail is considerably quick and easy and is perfect for a healthy dose of seaside nature!
- Will Rodgers State Park – This trail is located in Pacific Palisades and it’s considerably an easy hike! Will Rodgers has excellent views of Pacific Palisades and is great for walking your dog and date activity during the day! After a breezy, don’t forget to visit the Palisades Village for well-earned lunch at Hanks or Edo Bites!
- Griffith Park – Located in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles, check out Griffith Park. This hiking trail is a beautiful place to explore with glimmering sunrises and magical views during the night! After your hike, visit the Griffith Observatory. This observatory has breathtaking views of the Los Angeles Basin, Downtown Los Angeles, Hollywood, and the Pacific Ocean. Visitors may look through telescopes, explore exhibits, see live shows in the Samuel Oschin Planetarium.
Los Angeles Outdoor Attractions
May your summer adventures near Upper Ivy bring you joy and amazing memories! Now that we’ve established the best hiking trails in Los Angeles, here is a list of summer activities.
- Stroll through Venice Canal – On a warm summer evening with cotton candy skies, the Venice Canal is the perfect date night spot for an evening stroll and to grab dinner! We recommend getting dinner at Great White, Opsi, or Wabi.
- Rooftop Drinks – Cocktails always taste better during the summer. Grab weekend drinks with your friends near Upper Ivy! Our favorite rooftop spot in Culver City is Celestina. Check out our recent blog on LA rooftops for more rooftop spots.
- Weekend Getaway to Joshua Tree – Plan a weekend away to Joshua Tree Park! Book an Airbnb and explore the best of the Mojave Desert. We recommend checking out Cholla Cactus Garden for sunrise views and Keys View during sunset!
- A Day in Malibu – When in doubt, visit Malibu! On a beautiful sunny Saturday, drive up the PCH and spend the day sunbathing at Zuma Beach! Afterward, head over to Malibu Lumber Yard for casual dining and shopping. Grab lunch at Cafe Habana, a hip & festive spot with Cuban & Mexican fare, taco nights, and karaoke! Alternatively, visit Malibu Pier and dine at Malibu Farm while taking in stunning views of Malibu Beach. Don’t forget to take pictures on the Pier during sunset!
- Platform – For those looking to stay close to home, why not visit the Platform? This outdoor shopping center offers upscale dining and shopping. Stock up on your summer outfits and store them away in your closets at Upper Ivy.
After an adventurous day exploring LA, head over to your apartments at Upper Ivy and unwind. Here at Upper Ivy, the possibilities for amazing summer adventures are endless.